Information we collect
We automatically collect specific data points when users visit our site. These automatic data points include the device used to access the website, time zone, IP address and preferred web browser. Additionally we also collect some cookies that are already installed on the user’s device. While users browse the Site we track which pages on the Site are viewed, which search terms led users to discover the Site and how users interact with the Site. This information that is collected automatically is referred to as “Device Information”.
Device Information is collected using the below technologies:
- “Cookies” – a common data file logged to a user’s device that often uses an anonymous identifier to track information. To learn more about cookies, or how to disable them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” – this technology allows us to track actions on the Site. It also acquires data including browser type, referring/exit pages, IP address, internet service provider and time/date stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “pixels” and “tags” – these files record information regarding user’s browsing behavior on the Site.
When a user inputs data into the Site while attempting to make a purchase, or making a purchase certain information is collected from the user including the user’s name, shipping address, billing address, and payment information (including email address, credit card information, and phone number). This information is referred to as “Order Information”.
How we use personal information
Order information is used to complete the following tasks:
- Fulfill any orders users place through the Site
- Communicate with users
- Screen orders for potential fraud, or risk
- If aligned with user’s preferences, providing information, or advertising associated to our product offerings and services
Device information is used to help screen potential fraud (particularly using IP addresses), and to help optimize the Site (for example, observing how customers use the Site to assess the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns).
Sharing users’ personal information
Users Personal Information is shared with third parties to help us use third party softwares effectively, as described above. We use two main third parties on the Site:
- Shopify – a third party used for the Site’s store – read about how Shopify uses Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
- Google Analytics – a third party that helps us understand how user’s traverse the Site – read about how Google uses Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ You are able to opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We also share user’s Personal Information when lawfully requested to do so, complying with laws and regulations including search warrants, and subpoenas. We will also share user’s information to protect our rights if necessary.
Personal Information is used to create targeted marketing campaigns and advertisements that we believe are relevant to user’s interests based on the collected information. To understand targeted advertising please visit the Network Advertising Initiative's (“NAI”) page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
To opt-out of certain targeted advertising please follow the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
To opt-out of a variety of these services visit Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out Site: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
If your web browser has a “Do Not Track” signal we do not alter our use and data collection practices.
As GDPR regulations stipulate, European residents can request personal information we keep on file. They may also request that the personal information is updated, corrected, or deleted. If you are a European resident and would like to request this information please use the contact information provided below.
Please note that if you are a European resident we are using your information to fulfill contracts we have with you (such as fulfilling an order you may have placed through the Site). Information collected on our Site will be transferred out of Europe to countries including Canada and the United States.
Any information user’s provide to the Site, such as Order Information, will remain in our records unless we are requested to delete said information by the user.
To know more about our privacy practices, ask a question, or lodge a complaint please contact us by email us at email@example.com or by mail at the address provided below:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
118 E Saint Joseph St. Arcadia, CA 91006